Hercules Moving Systems/Van Lines

Take my advice and stay clear of this company!I went through *** trying to keep them honoring the "Binding Quote" that they say they guarantee!

They tried to say I had more than I was quoted, they tried to charge a higher delivery because their 54' truck wouldn't fit in the apartment complex. They tried to deliver my furniture a week before my contracted date, which I didn't have my new place until when I told them! In the end they broke my dishes which were all labeled "Fragile" and in dish pac style boxes. They put a big dent across my Stainless Steel BBQ, bent in a 4-drawer file cabinet like a squeezed pop can.

Damaged my entertainment center, tool boxes, bedroom dresser, along with other living room furniture. They claim they are not responsible for damage in boxes that they don't pack. They're insurance provider (Anthem) says that any pressed wood furniture is not covered. But they are ignoring the pictures provided that show split solid wood, with grain!!

Thomasville bedroom set is my loss! I've been waiting on a settlement since January and they still have not responded to my requests!

Dot#1685249 Funny how many complaints sound just like mine, but someone like a company worker slips in a nice one on occasion- which is totally out of pattern.BBB rates them as "F".

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
J Fallon

Jun 05, 2012 #491556

If you use this company you are crazy! Hercules’ service on my move from Hawaii to Florida was atrocious. First of all, the estimated charge they gave me by email was $5,200. My wife and I did almost all the packing ourselves. Their movers blanketed the furniture and boxed a few large items such as our mattress and box spring. The actual cost that was presented after the truck was loaded was $9,975. We had no choice but to accept it since our escrow was closing in 2 days and we were leaving on a plane the next day. Obviously, I should have done my homework beforehand because I have subsequently found out that this type of deception is a common practice for this company.
Be that as it may, I would have opted to just forgo the bad judgment on my part and their questionable business practices if they had not lost some of our items during the move. Among those missing were ALL of our priceless family photos, videos, and mementos from 46 years of marriage. Included in those were some documents such as my college diploma and master’s degree certificate and pictures from my wife’s and my childhood. Also unacceptable was the 47 days it took to receive our shipment here in Florida (July 18 to September 3). This was 6 days over the maximum time they said it would take and much longer than they advertise on their website. Our possessions went from Hawaii to California by ship and obviously sat in Los Angeles for several weeks before they decided to truck them to
... Show more

0 0 Reply
3k down the drain~

Apr 09, 2011 #272017

May I add they are thieves!!!! They stole things out of my boxes and "lost" my electronics...funny how the dishes did not go missing...but the Bose surround sound "set" did......

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.